EGU 2019 is shining a light on Amazon research. Jošt Lavrič, Beto Quesada, Alessandro Araújo and Matthias Sörgel are chairing a session titled „Intact Amazon forest – a natural laboratory of global significance“. We‘re excited that, in addition to many of our ATTO team members, scientists from a variety of other projects will participate in the session. It is going to be a very diverse and exciting, with lots of possibilities to share knowledge and extend our network. It will take place on Friday, 12 April.
Here is an overview of ATTO presentations in the EGU 2019 session on Amazon research (check the session program for all presentations):
Orals from 10:45 am to 12:30 pm in Room 2.31
- 10:45–11:00am | Paulo Artaxo: Long term measurements of physical and chemical properties of biogenic atmospheric aerosols at the ATTO tower, Central Amazonia (EGU2019-561).
- 11:00–11:15 | Florian Ditas: Observation of nucleation size particles in the Amazon (EGU2019-12665)
- 12:00–12:15 | Eliane Gomes-Alves: Biogenic Volatile Organic Compound emission patterns of two hyperdominant tree species distributed in an environmental gradient in central Amazonia (EGU2019-14006).
Poster Session from 8:30 to 10:15am in Poster Hall A
A.376 | Pedro Assis: Sensitivity of Ball-Berry stomatal conductance model parameters to leaf age in the upper canopy of a central Amazon forest (EGU2019-19096).
- A.363 | Cybelli G. G.Barbosa: Microclimatic and ecophysiological conditions experienced by epiphytic bryophytes in an Amazonian rain forest (EGU2019-2216)
- A.369 | Santiago Botia: Understanding Nighttime Methane Concentrations at the Amazon Tall Tower Observatory (ATTO) (EGU2019-7742).
- A.371 | Efstratios Bourtsoukidis: Strong sesquiterpene emissions from Amazonian soils as product of microbial activity (EGU2019-13388).
- A.373 | Glauber Cirino: Enhanced NEE of CO2 due to biogenic aerosol via diffuse radiation fertilization in the Amazon forest: long-term measurements at ATTO – Amazon Tall Tower Observatory (EGU2019-1710).
- A.364 | Marco Aurélio Franco: Aerosol physical properties at different heights of the ATTO tower in the central Amazon rainforest (EGU2019-14774).
- A.378 | Bruna Holanda: Aerosol physical properties over the Amazon basin (EGU2019-15907).
- A.365 | Jošt Valentin Lavrič: Six-year record (2012-2018) of atmospheric CO2/CH4/CO mixing ratios at the Amazon Tall Tower Observatory site (ATTO, Brazil) – interannual variability and footprint characterization (EGU2019-16495).
- A.372 | Michelle Robin: Biogenic Volatile Organic Compound emission patterns in tropical tree species: linking isoprene/monoterpene emission capacity and resource allocation strategies (EGU2019-16687).
- A.375 | Eva Y. Pfannerstill: Total OH reactivity changes above the Amazon rainforest during an El Niño event (EGU2019-12804).
- A.370 | Stefan A. Wolff: Analyses of relevant processes determining surface O3 concentrations (2013-2017) in the Central Amazon rainforest at the ATTO site (EGU2019-11029).
- A.374 | Nora Zannoni: Diel, vertical and seasonal trends of BVOCs in the Amazonian rainforest from the 325m ATTO tower (EGU2019-15316).
ATTO presentations in other session
- Monday, April 8 at 16:15 – 18:00 pm – Poster X5.348 in Poster Hall X5 | Dennis Leppla: High resolution mass spectrometric study of secondary organic aerosol particles from the Amazon rainforest (EGU2019-8269).
- Tuesday, 9 April at 14:24 pm – PICO5a.9 at PICO spot 5a | Qiaoqiao Wang: Long range transport of Saharan mineral dust to the Amazon Basin (EGU2019-6465).
- Thursday, April 11 at 10:45 am – 12:30 pm – Poster X5.279 in Poster Hall X5 | Sachin Patade: Measurements of primary biological aerosol particles and ice nuclei at the Amazon Tall Tower Observatory (EGU2019-8180).
- Friday, April 12 at 16:15 – 18:00 pm – Poster A.386 in Poster Hall A | Matthias Sörgel: Partitioning of Ozone deposition fluxes at a rainforest site (ATTO) in the central Amazon basin (EGU2019-13015).