At ATTO we’re investigating the whole ecosystem of the Amazon Rainforest. This includes:
1) the atmosphere and it’s chemical composition, for example with regard to greenhouse gases
2) meteorological parameters and atmosphere processes such as mixing and vertical fluxes
2) clouds and their formation aided by aerosols
3) the soils and microorganisms living within them
4) the forest ecology, from tree mortality to carbon fixation in the soil
5) volatile organic compounds released by plants and microorganisms
More information on the research about each of these components will follow soon, so stay tuned!