Application deadline: 1 March 2020
- A monthly fellowship of between €2,170 and €2,670, depending on career stage
- Individual mentoring during the stay in Germany
- Additional financial support for items such as family allowances, travel expenses or a German language course
- A three-week introductory phase, during which fellows will have the opportunity to make contact with other climate protection fellows and visit companies, research institutions and cultural events in Germany
- Extensive alumni sponsorship, especially support for networking with collaborative partners in Germany during the fellow’s entire professional career
- Citizenship of a non-European transition or developing country which is also the applicant’s habitual residence and place of work
- Bachelor’s or equivalent academic degree completed less than twelve years ago
- A mentoring agreement signed by a host in Germany
- A proposal which candidates must draw up on their own and coordinate with their host.
We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher to support our team with the challenging and exciting operation of the aerosol measurements at the ATTO site as well as the analysis and publication of the unique measurement data.
The successful candidate will be part of an international team conducting and analysing the long-term observations as well as in-depth process studies of atmospheric aerosols and their links to rainforest ecology, cloud microphysics and hydrological cycling in the Amazon.
Main working location will be Mainz, Germany, with frequent participation in field trips to the Amazon.
We’re pleased to announce that for this year’s ATTO Meeting registration is NOW OPEN! INPA will be our host in Manaus on September 16 – 18. We kindly ask you to please to use the short registration form in time to ensure that the organizational team can put together the best possible meeting for all of us.
The focus of the meeting will be scientific exchange, therefore it is open to all members of ATTO consortium, incl. students and early career scientists. We hope you will be able to attend in large numbers and we can have many fruitful discussions over the three days.… Continue reading
About the program
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) initiated the PRIME fellowship program to support the international mobility of postdoctoral researchers by temporary positions at German universities.
It gives Postdoctoral researchers of all nationalities the opportunity of a 18-month fellowship. Out of those, the successful candidate will spend a 12 months research stay abroad and subsequently 6 months German university. However, the destination of the research stay may usually not be the country where you are currently employed (see documentation for details). The fellowship provides funding through an 18-month temporary job position according to the appropriate rate for postdoctoral researchers (according to the German pay scale “TV-L E13”).